The Jackson's

The Jackson's

Monday, November 27, 2006

Grandma's Report

I thought that when volleyball was over, I would have time to sit down and chill out. However, that is not how things turned out. Last Monday, I knew that my grandma was going to get her report from the doctor and from what we thought, nothing serious was going to come of it. However, that was not the case. Grandma went to the doctor to soon find out that it was cancer and that the cancer she had was like mom's but larger. This devistated her, and she was emotionally distraught. I was kicked out of the training room for the rest of the week by my dear friend and fellow coworker, Elizabeth. She said I needed to be there. Grandma came back on Tuesday and stayed with Michael and I through Thanksgiving. She was able to get away from the retirement center and be with family to encourage her through this situation. I have been through this twice with mom. God has given me the strength for these two battles. I know that with God's guidance, I will be able to help her deal with this. The doctor said that she had two options: take more tissue out and then radiation or a total masectomy. We will see on Friday as she goes to get the report of her CT scan.
During her stay, she went where ever I went. She went with Michael and I to the Thanksgiving service at First Baptist Campobello on Tuesday night and then to Thanksgiving Dinner at Fairfield Inn on Wednesday. We cooked, laughed, and Michael gave her a hard time. Grandma's are so special, and I have learned to cherish the time I have with my only grandparent. Trust me! You learn a lot!!!!
We serve such an awesome God!!! My grandma has served in the greatest capacities, and she is an example of Christ's servant heart. I love you, Grandma!!!

No comments: